New Year, New Focus

by 18:53 0 comments
Happy new year everyone! Hope you all had a relaxing holiday season and got a much needed (at least in my case) break from the trading world. Not to mention some time to reflect on the year gone by and make a plan of action for the new year. I've come to a few conclusions about the past year. None of which are earth shattering realisations but little things that will all add up to what I believe is my turning point.

Firstly, I'm going to continue posting to this blog if it's the last damn thing I do. I've given up on all the other things. No more fancy new note taking or journal apps, they're just not working for me, at least when it comes to trading. I'm going back to what I do best. Posting some charts at the end of my trading day. It might be a little bit boring for readers but it helps me to tie up the day in a nice little bundle and get some of my thoughts out there. Who knows, maybe it'll even inspire some comments in my little corner of the internet.

Secondly, discipline! Fucking discipline! I need to scrawl this above my desk in metre tall lettering. To the point of being able to see it from every position in the room. I'd already made this my main focus for the year ahead but after today's trading and slip ups. I needed to drill it home again.




**Cue stock image with clichéd famous quote**


Thirdly, I'm giving it one last go. This is the year that it will come good, or i'm done. I actually feel really good about my trading lately. Last year was crap for my account. But I feel good, like i'm oh so very close to cracking that nut. A few little tweaks and some, ahem, DISCIPLINE and i'll be well on my way. I have my targets laid out for the year. You'll find out in December 2015 whether or not they've been achieved!

I have some charts from today to post, but i'll put them up in a separate entry.

Cheers,

Liam

Liam

Author

28. Forex. Trading. Music. Beer. Food. Travel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment