Good Recovery

by 13:56 0 comments
I'm very pleased with how this week went. More to the point, i'm pleased with how I reacted to last week and the mistakes I made. This week had two trades, both profitable. 1 long on GBP/USD and a short on USD/CHF. I set both orders at the same time as the situations developed on each chart.

Both of the trades were triggered on Tuesday. The GBP/USD trade hit the target that I had set for it on Wednesday and the Swissy trade was a manual close around 3 or 4pm on Friday.

GBP/USD chart first. A triple top buy, simple enough set up in keeping with the current trend. As i'd done all my Swissy analysis first I was also confident that with Swissy going down there was a good probability that Cable would push up seeing as they're inverse.


GBP/USD 1hr PnF

Funnily enough I thought the Swissy set up was a really strong one but it idled along for most of the week doing it's best to break through a really high volume zone that it was resting on top of.


USD/CHF 1hr PnF


USD/CHF 1hr HLC(i)

Zoomed out chart showing where the highest volume zone comes from at the end of January.


USD/CHF 1hr HLC(ii)

Latest high volume zone. The resistance at the 50% of this zone coincides with the resistance at the low of the high volume zone on the PnF chart.

I closed the position for about 18 pips before the final drive down late on Friday evening.

Two positive trades for the week, happy!

Cheers,

Liam

Liam

Author

28. Forex. Trading. Music. Beer. Food. Travel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment