Thursday 2nd June

by 22:07 0 comments
Wow. It's June already. Didn't post yesterday as I was working and didn't do any trading for the day. As far as i can see, didn't really miss any opportunities. It has been very tough to trade this week, with bank holidays / working and it being an NFP week it has generally been a bit messy.

Nonetheless, I still took one trade this evening. Made a couple of pips but unfortunately my greed/emotions got the better of me and I had much better opportunities to get out of the trade.

Trade 48 - GBP/USD - Sell @ 1.63285  Closed @ 1.63261 = +2.4


Cable 5min

As it seemed to be at a bottom of a run I didn't risk the usual 3% that I usually do on such a trade. I sold at market instead of setting an order on the low of the bar. My stop was placed a couple of pips above the high of the upthrust/nd bars. Initial risk was about 1% of my account. I was targeting 1.6300 as a round number and likely target based on it being a psychological area of the chart. Wasn't long before it got to this area but upon gunning for the line it missed the target by two pips. I should have got out once it had rejected this line. Would have covered my loss from Tuesday and a bit more on top. Never mind. Still made a little bit on it!

Funnily enough, if i'd risked the usual 3% and set my order on the low of the upthrust / ND bar, the 3% target would've been hit. Typical really!

NFP tomorrow so will probably be fairly dull for the start of the day.

Cheers,

Liam

Liam

Author

28. Forex. Trading. Music. Beer. Food. Travel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment